12 February 2014

Blossom Pattern 3: Making the Pattern 2 (Uppers)


For the uppers, I used the sole pattern to make a matching top for the shoes. I started by folding the pattern in half and drawing a line along the fold. I then Measured 1 and 1/2 inches below that (toward the heel of the shoe) and drew another line so it looked like this.

 
After this, I laid the sole pattern on top of another piece of paper. I then extended the 1 /12 inch line out 2 /12 inches on either side, as seen in figure below. If you want, do this line in pencil. You will erase it later. 


I then traced a straight line from the end of the 2 /12 inch mark up to the side of the sole pattern top, as seen below. Trace around the top of the sole as well so there is one solid rainbow shape. 
I then flipped the sole pattern up to the half mark and traced the line onto my new pattern. 

You can then remove the sole pattern from the upper pattern. Find the center of the straight line, mark it, and then mark two lines 3/4 inch away from the center at either side.


Now draw a straight line from your 3/4 inch lines to the outside line, as pictured below. You can erase those initial lines you drew, pictured here in grey.


Now add a 1/2 inch seam allowance to the outside like this:

And now you have an upper! Next time I will show you the last pattern piece, the heel portion of the uppers. Here is a picture of my fabric cut out with this pattern piece!


1 comment:

Popular Posts