10 May 2012

Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe these are vegan. I am not at all vegan though, so I may be mistaken. I made this recipe from a cinnamon oatmeal cookie recipe. I love peanut butter, and was wondering if I could use peanut butter instead of butter for this recipe. Then, since I had no eggs on hand, I went with applesauce as a substitute. I think that makes them officially vegan. Anyways, they turned out delicious and here is the recipe below.

Ingredients 
1/2 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup applesauce 
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp bakingsoda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup oats

Preheat oven to 300 F. 
Cream peanut butter, brown sugar, applesauce and vanilla until smooth.
In a separate bowl, mix flour baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in oats. Combine with wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. 
Place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork. 
Bake 12-15 minutes. (Underdone is tastier :)
Makes about 1 & 1/2 dozen. 

Another plus is salmonella free cookie dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts